Business License Application
If you are looking to open a business in Hainesville; either a store front or home business you will need to look up if your business is an allowed business per our Zoning Ordinance. Go to our Home page of our website and on the right hand-side of the Website go to Municipal Codes (click to view) go to Title 17 – Zoning, Chapter 17.08.025 under Allowed Uses or click here and Chapter 17.08.030 for Home Occupations or click here. Please contact Village Clerk Kathy Metzler 847-223-2032 for any questions.
You will need to do the following:
- Be sure your type of business is a permitted use for the property prior to the purchase or lease.
- Download the business license application here.
- To view the Business License Fees Ordinance click here.
- If you are doing any remodeling, installing a sign or changing anything electrical you MUST apply for a building permit at the Village Hall. Click here for the building permit application.
- A Business inspection is required by the Fire Marshall and our Building Inspector before you can open for business.
If you are Incorporated, Limited Partnership or a Sole Proprietorship you must register with the State of Illinois at: Illinois Secretary of State 312-793-3380 and their website is www.sos.state.il.us .
Corporations, Partnerships and Sole Proprietorship are required to have a FEIN Number which is a Federal Employer Identification Number. To obtain call Federal Taxpayer Services at 800-829-1040 or contact your accountant.
If your business is a Retail Sales Business, you must have a sales tax number. To obtain your sales tax number call Illinois Department of Revenue at 312-814-5258 or visit www.revenue.state.il.us .
If you are a Restaurant owner or sell food items you are required to call Lake County Health Department at 847-377-8020 to obtain a permit.
Liquor License Application
If you are looking to apply for a Liquor License with your new business click here for the Liquor License Application.
To review our Liquor License Ordinance click here.
To apply for a Solicitors Permit in the Village of Hainesville please click here to download the application.